A 1222-1228 icon from the Mileseva Monastery in Serbia showing the Angel, dressed in white, who greeted the Myrrh-bearing women when they came to Christ’s tomb. Sitting calmly, the Angel of the Resurrection points out the empty tomb to the holy women, who withdrew in terror on beholding the sight. He then commanded them to tell the disciples that the Lord is risen from the dead. This famous icon is from a wall painting called in that monastery “The Holy Women at the Tomb.”
The lazure is raw sienna.